Monday, June 30, 2008

First anniversary of Gene's passing.

Dan Sr--Dans grandpa, Dan Jr.--Dans dad (Gene), Dan III--my husband, Dan IV--our son (D.E.) Here's the thing. kind of creepy. Gene was born when Dan Sr was thirty. Dan was born when Gene was thirty and D.E. was born when Dan was thirty. funny! It's been a full year today that Gene passed away. Janiel didn't want to just go by herself, so she invited everyone to go with her. I can't because it's inventory at the store and that means it's mandatory. I'm kind of glad cuz I, I feel ...I don't know how to describe it. Maybe a little out of place. I have no idea, but it feels wierd to me to go and leave flowers on someone's grave one year after another. I want anyone who reads this to understand that Gene was a wonderful man, and from what I've heard he was really an amazing person. But his funeral was only an hour long. Not because there wasn't much to say but because that's what he wanted. I didn't get to know him all that much, but i'm happy that I'll get to know him later.


Tonight is also the night that Shara (Ian's fiance!!!!) get's her traditional ruby necklace. Mine is heart-shaped ruby with gold around it.
Shara's necklace is a journey setting-sort-of.(tried to put pictures up but there was an error. I'll try again later.) I'm so excited for them. Ian used to be a real grump. Now I can see him smiling and I'm so happy for the two of them. Everyone's betting on dates. I heard on the radio that the eighth of August (08-08-08) is going to be the busiest day to get married because #8 is a chinese proverb for wealth! $$$$$

No comments: