Saturday, November 15, 2008

Today was the BiG Day!!!

We took some pictures outside the temple today, but I always forget how to load them, so one day I will post them. We were officially a forever family this morning at eleven. It was really exciting because the temple president Christiansen presided over our sealing. He made the experience so much more than expected and I am really greatful for such a wonderful family to behold. We didn't take many pictures, because we are planning to take some later professionally. Hopefully we will be able to get the whole family together. I was disappointed that my side of the family wasn't able to come, but I know they wanted to (and I was determined to not let it get to me as I thought of them). D was asleep the entire time! But everyone said that he played very cute with all the workers!
I was able to go to a Movie night held by our Relief Society on Friday night. We all came in our Pajama's and watched the Emma Smith movie. I really liked some of the advise she gave her daughter. Something made me feel like I should try and remeber. I can't remember exactly what she said but it was something .... Strength doesn't come all at once. It comes one day at a time....She also made some awesome analogies about the river. I can't exactly remember those either, but I wrote them in my journal and I would suggest the movie to anyone who isn't having the best time in their life.

It's NOT something that made me think "O-Gee, I know my troubles will never be that hard."
I kept thinking there will be a light at the end of the tunnel, and I left feeling -- if she can go through all of that on her faith than I must be able to get through this if i know I can!!!

I appreciate anyone who came and supported us today, near and far! We love you. Thanks!!!

4 comments:

MommaArch said...

Congratulations!!! I wish I'd have known. What a wonderful experience for your family. I wish we could have been there!!!

Jenn said...

Congrats Julie! We are so proud of you! What a great thing!

The Smiths said...

Congrats Jewels! I bet it was a great day!

Sarah and Jesse said...

Congrats Julie- That is so exciting! Nothing feels better than knowing you are going to be with your family for all eternity!!! I am so happy for you!!