Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Rosie Pie

Rosie had been excited for her Birthday Party for weeks. We went to the park last week and when a group of people arrived, she opened her arms really wide, started to run toward them, and said, "My Birthday Party is HERE!!!!"

She is a "hand-full" but definitely worth every minute of it. Potty training has had to be on her motivations. This last month we had another talk about differences in wearing underwear and diapers, and has been making definite strides toward being a "big girl" now. I love how the girls are so close in age, but sometimes not close enough. For a while my four year old wanted alone time, or I would hear something in accordance with, "Mom, Rosie keeps bugging me."

We invited family and friends to Rosie's 3rd Birthday Party on the 14th of March for a Pie Party. The pies were all a big hit. (None of them made it to the following afternoon.)  A family member brought Strawberry Pie, and the rest were made from cupcake pans. I had made Banana Cream and Coconut Cream; however, by the time the Apple Pies were finished, so was I. I had planned and prepped for Chocolate Cream, Peach, Butterscotch, Peanut Butter and Chocolate, and Cheesecake. Between cleaning, cooking, mommy-ing, and trying to be a good hostess, my check list wasn't all crossed off by the end of that day. One gallon of bubbles, some games, and Chewbacca ready in the backyard and the kids were hooked. The kids are still having fun with the remnants of pin the tail on the donkey. I was so glad it came with numbered stickers instead of the pin.

Even though I'm still picking up and finding balloon fragments from the battle, the war hasn't ended, because they are still finding balloons for me to blow up. Not to mention the dishes are still racked up. The torture of dishes shall commence in T minus 3, 2, 1....

Toodles
JK

No comments: